Our aim is for pupils to have a pleasing, positive experience where they can enjoy a healthy school lunch in a safe and nurturing environment.
There are a number of options that you may wish to consider regarding the provision of food for your child at lunchtime:
- You may wish to take your child home and provide their lunch at home.
- You can provide your child with a ‘packed lunch’ or
- You can opt for your child to have a hot meal.
Our school meals are provided by Dolce Ltd. Dolce operate “School Grid.” This system enables parents to log on at home and order their child’s meal from the menu provided. The menus provide healthy choices. Meals are ordered in advance and this ensures that your child receives their choice of main course. It is a flexible cashless system. You can pre-order meals for a number of weeks or days. Payment is made by Direct Debit and you will only be charged for meals taken. (If DD is not convenient you can enquire at the school office re other payment options.)
For further details click the links below.
School Grid Link.
Under the Universal Infant Free School Meals initiative, pupils in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 will be provided with a free hot meal at lunchtime. Children in Key Stage 2 will be charged for any meals taken. However If your child is eligible for Free School Meals these will be provided and you will not be charged. Parents of pupils from Reception to Year 6 who are eligible for FSM should apply because each child eligible for FSM receives additional funding to support their child’s learning in the classroom. This is known as Pupil Premium funding.
To ensure that Queensgate and your child receive the correct funding it is essential that parents provide school with information regarding their child/children. Please note that this funding is separate from the Universal Infant School Meal Offer. For your child /children to receive Free School Meals you must be getting one of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Universal Credit (provided your household income is less than £7,400 a year after tax and not including any benefits you get)
- income related Employment and Support Allowance
- income based Job Seekers Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit only with an income of less than £16,190
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit