PSHE (personal, social, health, education)
At Queensgate Primary School, PSHE is a crucial part of our school curriculum and underpins much of what we do. Our comprehensive PSHE curriculum has been put together with the support of the PSHE Advisory Team at Stockport and has been shared across schools in Stockport, at Local Authority Level.
What does it cover?
The Spiral Curriculum covers all areas of RSE and DATE and these are revisited in each year group.
- RSE Spiral Curriculum (Relationships Education)
- Teaching RSE (Relationships and sex education) with Confidence
- DATE Spiral Curriculum (Drugs, Alcohol and Tobacco Education)
- Teaching DATE with Confidence
- Digital Literacy
- British Values… democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, mutual respect for and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs and for those without faith.
- ABCD Curriculum (Anti Bullying Celebrating Difference)
- Character Education: Implementing character education will help children in all aspects of school and later life. It covers… Belonging, Friendship, Resilience, Feelings, Respect, Trust & Empathy.
- SMSC (Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural.) We recognise that the personal development of the children – spiritually, morally, socially and culturally. SMSC plays a significant role in their ability to learn, and to grow into well rounded members of society.
Mrs Makinson is our PSHE Leader and is happy to answer any questions that you might have regarding our PSHE curriculum.
PSHE and Computing curriculum Year 1 PSHE and Computing curriculum Year 2 PSHE and Computing curriculum Year 4 PSHE and Computing curriculum Year 5 PSHE and Computing curriculum Year 6 PSHE and Computing curriculum Year 3 Nursery and Reception PSHE curriculum Personal, social and health education policy Relationships and sex education policy Creating an LGBT inclusive primary curriculum SMSC and Protected Characteristics at Queensgate