Each year we invite our older children to apply to become a Restorative Ambassador. If appointed, these children are on the playground at playtime and lunchtime to help anyone who seems lonely, sad or who is having a friendship difficulty.
Every day of the week, a different group of children are "on duty" as Restorative Ambassadors around school. They will listen, help to find a solution to a problem and help the children to understand how to be a kind friend.
All the children have been trained to use the following restorative questions:
- What happened?
- What were you thinking when it happened?
- How are you now?
- What do you need to feel better?
- What needs to happen to put things right?
This year, the following children have been appointed to this key role.
- Monday: Emma, Bethan, Oli, Neve
- Tuesday: TJ, Lulah Beau, Ava, Lily
- Wednesday: Amani, Lotta, Grace, Serena
- Thursday: Lexi, Holly G, Sam, Katie, Olivia
- Friday: Corey, Millie, Nancy, Alesha
All our Restorative Ambassadors wear a florescent vest in the playground, so that you can easily spot them. Photographs of the children are also on display in the Year 1 and Year 3 classrooms so that you can recognise their faces.