Our vision is to provide a stimulating, caring, professional, open, educational environment in which:
- all children achieve their full academic and social potential;
- all staff contribute to their full potential;
- all children, parents, staff and governors are valued.
WHAT DO WE VALUE ?
We exist to ensure that every child has the best education possible.
To achieve this we believe that children learn best when they:
- feel happy and secure
- have high quality teaching in lessons and in every other part of school life.
- have high quality support and guidance from all Queensgate staff
- enjoy excellent, well equipped buildings and play areas
- are challenged to reach the next step
- acquire the confidence to succeed
- have respect for themselves and others
- celebrate their own achievements and those of others
- have a personal pride in being part of a dynamic and supportive educational community.
These things should be visible in every aspect of life at Queensgate Primary.
We hope that parents will help the school to achieve its aims by:
- sharing information which may effect the child’s learning, at the earliest opportunity
- positively supporting the child
- promoting self-reliance as he/she progresses through school
- coming to Parents’ Information Evenings
- discussing their child’s progress and achievements
- following the learning activities in school and supervising homework
- maintaining contact with the school through home/school notebooks and diaries
- ensuring regular and punctual attendance
- avoiding term time holidays where possible
- ensuring a supportive attitude for the school’s code of behaviour
- equipping their child according to the uniform list
- supporting school policies on security and safety