All our PTA events/ payments can be accessed by clicking this link
Queensgate PTA is a very proactive group that has been helping to enhance the school experience of Queensgate pupils and the school for many years. All staff and all parents automatically become members of the PTA when they join the school. There is a hardworking core team that includes a chairperson, vice chairperson, treasurer, secretary and class representatives.
The PTA aims:
- to encourage mutual co-operation between parents, teachers and children in their educational endeavours
- to develop an active social relationship between parents, school staff and children
- to encourage financial support for school activities.
Throughout the year the PTA organises a number of events to raise money.
Some examples are:
- Family Fun Night
- Spooky Disco
- Spooky film night
- Family Quiz Night
- Fashion Shows
- Christmas and Summer Fairs
- "Q Fest" and camp out
We’ve had lots of fun raising money!!!
In recent years we have:
- Funded the provision of laptop trolleys for the classrooms
- Contributed towards the costs of a new classroom for Year 6 pupils
- Funding for the development of a school garden
- Funded new computers in the ICT Suite
- Provided coaches to transport all Year 6 children to the annual residential at Castlehead near to Grange over Sands
- Following the refurbished the school library provided funding for new books
- Funded improvements to the outdoor play areas
- Provided musical instruments and equipment
- Organised many non-fundraising parties and social events
- Provided treats for all classes
- Replaced classroom projectors